- Two copies of your passport.
- Two copies of your relevant tourist visas.
- Two copies of your travel insurance policy.
- Two copies of your vaccination certificates.
A copy of some of these may be required at the destination. For these and any other documents, it is a great idea to use a waterproof bag to protect them during the challenge.
- While you will pack light, your gear is valuable. Put a name tag, along with a packing list, inside your luggage.
- Don’t forget to use TSA approved locks. While we can’t guarantee what the destination country security will do, inbound and outbound from the US, these locks are very helpful.
Detailed Traveler’s Checklist from the US Department of State: