2018 dates TBD
This adventure challenge gives you an opportunity to experience the best our Sonoran Desert offers with two options:
Hike and Kayak/Raft
Road Bike and Kayak/Raft
We’ve had a great winter rainy season, so you know that the desert in May will be BEAUTIFUL. Whether you choose to hike in the incredible Superstitions or feel the blooming desert breeze in the saddle, all of us all meet in the afternoon at the sacred Salt River.
This adventure challenge duo is great for outdoor newbies and veterans alike. While we encourage you to select a trip suitable to your interest, abilities and overall health, you will receive training and preparation tips. Plus, it’s not about getting to the destination first, but rather enjoying the journey, the amazing outdoors, each other … in other words, getting outside, having fun, and doing good!
HIKING, CYCLING, LUNCH
7:00 a.m. Group meets guides at the Glendale Chamber of Commerce
7:00–8:00 a.m. Transfer to Superstitions
8:00–11:30 a.m. Hike (Siphon Draw) 3.6 miles
Lunch: At the pavilions at Siphon Draw Trailhead
7:00–8:00 a.m. Transfer to bike start
8:00–11:30 a.m. Fit bikes and begin ride
Lunch: At Saguaro Lake
MEALS: Lunch, snacks, and water
HIKING: 3.6 miles with elevation gain/loss, intermediate hike
CYCLING: 15–30 miles, TBD, can be adjusted the day of
KAYAK/RAFT THE LOWER SALT RIVER AND CELEBRATE RIVERSIDE
1:00–3:30 p.m. Group arrives at Water Users and begins to kayak/raft
4:40–7:30 p.m. Group arrives at river take out, then enjoys appetizers and riverside celebration dinner
Stretching from the White Mountains of eastern Arizona, Salt River is a riparian area and a precious gem of the desert. It has been a source of life for the inhabitants of the Valley of the Sun for about 1,000 years, dating back to the prehistoric Hohokam people. Bald eagles, wild horses, and occasional SUPers (stand-up paddlers) add to the diverse fauna and flora of this special place. Talk to your guides, ask questions, and expand your horizon; your guides are thrilled to sharethe places they call home with you. Your adventure will quickly become a deeper experience and a life-long memory you’ll value for ever.
MEALS: Snacks and water, plus riverside celebration dinner
KAYAK/RAFT: 6 miles, class 1 rapids, beginner friendly
INCLUDED IN COST:
- Training, gear, and fundraising tips—we support you all the way!
- All park entry fees and permit costs.
- Transportation from and to the Glendale Chamber of Commerce.
- Safety-certified and awesome guides.
- Hybrid trek bikes, helmets, and high-performance road bike upgrades available at additional out-of-pocket cost.
- Lunch, snacks, water, and riverside celebration dinner.
- All cycling SAG stops snacks and hydration.
- Healthy snacks and assorted drinks during van rides.
NOT INCLUDED IN COST:
- Pre- and post-trip accommodations.
- Gratuities to guides.
Challenge Pricing and Payment Options
|Payment Methods - - - >||Fundraise||Self-Pay||Combo|
*Minimum proceeds to the selected charities are $95 and are raised or paid depending on the payment method you choose. And please raise/donate even more to support this amazing cause!
More Information About How This Works
- The $95 minimum donation is tax-deductible if you self-pay. If you fundraise, 100 percent of donations/sponsorship is tax-deductible for the third parties.
- Fundraise: You pay a $110 registration fee (not tax-deductible) to reserve your spot. Raise an additional $525 (or more!) to cover the challenge costs and support our youth. Eighty percent of the sponsorship is due six weeks before the trip, and the 20 percent balance is due within six weeks of the challenge.
- Self-pay: Participants who do not wish to fundraise pay the registration fee and balance due six weeks prior to the trip. Consult your tax advisor to discuss questions related to tax deductibility.
- Combo: Pay the registration fee (not tax-deductible) to reserve your spot in the challenge. You decide how much you want to fundraise. Eighty percent of your total, whether fundraised or paid, is due six weeks prior, and the 20 percent balance is due within six weeks of the trip. Consult your tax advisor to discuss questions related to tax deductibility.
- For further explanation of payment methods options, click here.
Space is Limited—Register Now!
MIN: 16 pax | MAX: 40 pax | REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 26
Please fill out the registration information with as much detail as possible to help us deliver an experience of a lifetime for you. Also, PLEASE READ the Waivers, Trip, and Payment Policy. This is important for you to understand, given the nature of and payment options for an adventure challenge.