2018 dates TBD, this adventure challenge gives you an opportunity to experience the best our Sonoran Desert offers with two options:
Hike and Kayak/Raft
Road Bike and Kayak/Raft
We’ve had a great winter rainy season so you know that the desert in May will be BEAUTIFUL. Whether you choose to hike in the incredible Superstitions or to feel the blooming desert breeze in the saddle, all of us all meet in the afternoon at the sacred Salt River.
This adventure challenge duo is great for the outdoors newbies and the veterans alike. While we encourage you to select a trip suitable to your interest, abilities and overall health, you will receive training and preparation tips. Plus, it’s not about getting to the destination first, rather enjoying the journey, the amazing outdoors, each other … in other words, getting outside, having fun, doing good!
HIKING, CYCLING, LUNCH
7:00am Group Meets Guides at the Glendale Chamber of Commerce
7:00-8:00am Transfer to Superstitions
8:00-11:30am Hike (Siphon Draw) 3.6 miles
Lunch – At Pavilions at Siphon Draw Trailhead
7:00-8:00am Transfer to bike start
8:00-11:30am Bike fit and begin ride
Lunch – Saguaro Lake
MEALS: Lunch, Snacks and Water
HIKING: 3.6 miles with elevation gain/loss, intermediate hike
CYCLING: 15 – 30 miles, yet TBD, can be adjusted the day of
KAYAK/RAFT the LOWER SALT RIVER and CELEBRATE RIVERSIDE
1:00 – 3:30pm Group Arrives at Water Users – Begin Kayak/Raft
4:40 – 7:30pm Group arrives at river take out – appetizers and Riverside Celebration Dinner
Stretching from the White Mountains of Eastern Arizona, Salt River is a riparian area and a precious gem of the desert. It has been a source of life for the inhabitants of current Valley of the Sun for about 1,000 years, dating back to the prehistoric Hohokam people. Bald eagles, wild horses and occasional SUP-ers (stand-up paddlers) 🙂 add to the diverse fauna and flora of this special place. Talk to your guides, ask questions, expand your horizon; they are thrilled to share places they call home with you. Your adventure will quickly become a deeper experience and a life-long memory you’ll value for ever.
MEALS: Snacks and Water plus Riverside Celebration Dinner
KAYAK/RAFT: 6 miles, class 1 rapids, beginner friendly
INCLUDED IN COST:
- Training, gear, and fundraising tips – we support you all the way!
- All park entry fees and permit costs
- Transportation from and to the Glendale Chamber of Commerce
- Safety certified and awesome guides
- Hybrid Trek bikes, helmets, high performance road bike upgrades available at additional out-of-pocket cost
- Lunch, Snacks, Water, and Riverside Celebration Dinner
- All cycling SAG stops snacks and hydration
- Healthy snacks and assorted drinks during van rides
NOT INCLUDED IN COST
- Pre and post-trip accommodations
- Gratuities to guides
Challenge Pricing and Payment Options
|Payment Methods - - - >||Fundraise||Self-Pay||Combo|
* Minimum proceeds to the selected charities are $95, whether raised or paid, depending on the payment method you choose. And please raise/donate even more to support this amazing cause!
More information about how this works
- $95 minimum donation is tax deductible to you if you Self-pay. If you fundraise, 100% of donations/sponsorship is tax deductible to the third parties.
- Fundraise: You pay a $110 registration fee (not tax-deductible) to reserve your spot. Raise additional $525 (or more!) to cover the challenge costs and support our youth. 80% of sponsorship due 6 weeks before the trip and the 20% balance due within 6 weeks of the challenge.
- Self-pay: Participants who do not wish to fundraise pay the registration fee and balance due 6 weeks prior to the trip. Consult your tax advisor to discuss questions related to tax deductibility.
- Combo: Pay the registration fee (not tax-deductible) to reserve your spot in the challenge. You decide how much you want to fundraise. 80% of your total, whether fundraised or paid, is due 6 weeks prior and the 20% balance due within 6 weeks of the trip. Consult your tax advisor to discuss questions related to tax deductibility.
- Payment methods options explained, click here.
Space Limited, Register Now!
MIN: 16 pax | MAX: 40 pax | REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 26
Please fill out the registration information with as much detail as possible to help us deliver an experience of a lifetime for you. Also, PLEASE READ the Waivers, Trip and Payment Policy. This is important for you to understand given the nature and payment options for an adventure challenge.