The picturesque Sussex countryside, small villages and medieval market towns of Northern France, and conversations with fellow riders will fuel your drive and determination to complete this challenge, support a cause you greatly care about, and have an adventure of a lifetime.
ARRIVAL IN LONDON, SIGHTSEEING, TRIP BRIEFING AND EQUIPMENT CHECK
After a free day of sightseeing, we meet at the hotel late afternoon for introductions, trip briefing and equipment check. The rest of the evening is free for dinner and getting to know fellow alumni/cyclists.
LODGING: Hotel on Blackheath in London, details TBD
LONDON – NEWHAVEN – DIEPPE
After a good breakfast, final preparations with the bikes and safety briefing, we start our journey through outskirts of London, quiet villages and rolling Surrey countryside. Our legs will be slightly tested on a longer climb that will take us into Sussex.
As we continue south, rolling roads lead us into the harbor town of Newhaven where we board the ferry to Dieppe. We have dinner en-route to Dieppe where we spend the night. Pretty cool, right?
LODGING: Comfortable hotel in Dieppe, France.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Water, Dinner on ferry on your own
CYCLING: 60 miles
DIEPPE – BEAUVAIS
We leave the busy port behind, heading southeast and quickly emerge into typical French countryside where we ride through the small 12th century town of Neufchatel-en-Bray. Our route continues on small roads through farmland, pockets of woodland, beautiful rural scenery and culminates with few climbs to arrive in Beauvais. Beauvais is renowned for its large Gothic cathedral, which we may have time to explore because we spend a night in this town.
LODGING: Comfortable hotel in Beauvais.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks and Water
CYCLING: 70 miles
BEAUVAIS – PARIS
Our final day takes us south of Beauvais towards a great capital city. Once again we ride through a beautiful French countryside, town of Meru, with a few steeper climbs to push us and make us earn it! Once we hit suburbs of Paris, we enjoy flat terrain and sights of famous Paris landmarks. We finish at the Eiffel Tower!
LODGING: On your own.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Water, Dinner on own
CYCLING: 50 miles
- Professionally managed event with support crew (professional, safety trained guides) and support vehicle(s)
- Training, gear, and fundraising tips – we support you all the way!
- 3 nights accommodation (double occupancy); single supplement available at $195 with advance notice
- Meals as specified in itinerary
- Snacks, water, and picnic lunch each cycle day
- Ferry UK – France
- Garmin files for route navigation
- 24-hour emergency UK back-up
- Pre-trip planning and office support
- Pre-trip webinar for the participants
- Pre- and post-trip accommodations
- Travel to/from the Challenge start/finish
- Alcohol – AFC discourages alcohol during multi-day challenges
- Meals as detailed in itinerary (dinner day 0, dinner on ferry day 1 and dinner in Paris day 3)
- Bicycle & helmet (see below)
- Hi-visibility cycling vest
- Personal travel insurance (to cover personal injury, cancellation/curtailment, lost items, etc.)
- Optional gratuity to guides
Bicycle and helmet rental – AFC will help arrange
- Some people are bringing their own bikes. Some people prefer hybrids, some road, and others high performance bikes. AFC UK based partner, On Your Bike, has a cost effective and large selection of bikes styles. The rental cost should be around $100 and will vary based on the bike type you select. Your bike will be transferred by our guides back to London upon challenge conclusion.
CONTACT US for a detailed itinerary and costs.